Is your home missing a bubble hockey table? Also, called dome hockey table, there are some truly amazing choices out there for this classic arcade game. We've selected the top 10 best bubble hockey table options you're going to want to check out.
What is Bubble Hockey?
Bubble hockey, is a table arcade game featuring a glass or plastic bubble or dome around the play area.. Also called dome hockey table, it offers many of the same features as traditional table hockey, but instead of controlling one puck, you actually control every little player on your team. It usually features manual and electronic scorers, two to four player action, and awesome graphics!
This kind of design is a real transition from traditional air hockey, so you can definitely expect a learning curve, but if you are an avid hockey fan, then it is a must. There is a table and one that the whole family can do. use.
A Bubble hockey table is a great way to spend time at home, especially when on rainy days, and can be a great addition to your recreation room, or man cave. Unlike traditional air hockey table, bubble hockey tables have a unique retro look that makes them stand out from the more classical arcade game options.
However, choosing between different baby models on the market can be a challenge. So I did this manual, where we go to some top models for 2022 and find out who is the best bubble hoke!
What is Bubble Hockey also called?
Bubble Hockey is the most common term but people have different ways to call it such as dome hockey, foosball hockey, Chexx Bubble hockey, Stick hockey and even table hockey. Amongst ourselves, we sometimes call this handle hockey.
Important Bubble Hockey features
It's always good to know more about a product before making a decision. You don't want buy something to realize after your purchase that you did not think of something.
Here are the most common features or points to think about when buying an air hockey table:
- Playability (including playing surface, handles, ...)
- Scoring systems (manual or electronics)
- Timer and Sound effects
- Design and Durability
- Dome (including dome transparency, lighting, quality)
Our favorite Bubble Air Hockey tables
Take a peek below... Here’s a quick list of our favorites and where to find them
|Image||Product||Where to Buy|
|Carrom Signature Dome Hockey Table||View on Wayfair|
|Carrom Super Stick Dome Hockey Table||View on Wayfair|
|Super Chexx ICE Bubble Hockey Table||View on Amazon|
|ESPN 1614205 Original Dome Hockey Table||View on Amazon|
|Shelti Breakout Bubble Hockey Table||View on Amazon|
Shelti Breakout Bubble Hockey Table
Enjoy classic arcade-style bubble hockey with this great table. Thanks to the high-quality chrome-plated rods, the players are easy to move around on the table without worrying about them getting stuck or being difficult to slide across the table. Thanks to nylon bushings, there is very little friction on the table, which could otherwise prevent great play. Turning the players 360 degrees only requires turning the handle 180, which means that users enjoy fast and competitive play.
- The low profile looks great in any home and prevents the table from taking up too much space.
- It’s incredibly easy to lift the dome open in order to clean the table and keep it looking its best.
- There are some reports of there being dead spots located on the sides of the goals and also in front of the goalie.
- Some users have reported that the slopes behind the goals tend to become unglued and need to be repaired to work correctly.
As we always mention, Shelti makes amazing table games. Check out their dome hockey table in action in the video below...
Carrom Signature Dome Hockey Table
The painted players in this bubble hockey game look great and are incredibly easy to move and to control, thanks to the durable and well-constructed rods. With custom coated graphics on the playing field as well as battery-operated scoring, this bubble hockey game is fun to play on and will provide hours of enjoyment. Additionally, there are cup holders on the table so that everyone can bring his or her drink when he or she plays.
- Assembly is incredibly easy, which means that users can start playing on the table right away.
- The bright red color makes the table really pop and will ensure that it stands out in a traditional game room.
- Some users have reported that the table shipped with the plastic bubble caved in, which won’t affect gameplay but does lower the value and appearance of the able.
- There are some reports of the plastic dome being lower quality and easy to scratch.
Carrom Super Stick Dome Hockey Table
Thanks to the electronic scoring on this bubble hockey table, keeping track of who is winning is easier than ever. The shatter-resistant dome is designed to last through rough and rowdy play without being damaged, which gives users as well as observers peace of mind that they won’t accidentally break the game by leaning on it to watch the action.
- An internal slip clutch in the gears ensures that shearing and binding doesn’t occur, which could ruin the game.
- Extra support on the playfield from one end to another helps to prevent it from sagging and provides a level surface.
- There are some reports of the players easily breaking at the legs, which can halt gameplay until a replacement is obtained.
- Some users have reported that while the larger size makes the game easy to play, it does make it difficult to store in a home.
Super Chexx ICE Bubble Hockey Table
The indestructible dome on this bubble hockey table lifts open easily to allow owners to clean and maintain the table, which means that it can last for decades without any problems. With game calls and live rink sounds, this bubble hockey table is a lot of fun to play and offers a great immersive experience for all users. In addition, users enjoy fast action when controlling their players so that they can easily respond to their opponents without feeling as if they are unable to keep up during the game.
- The external volume knob makes it easy to control the sound from this bubble table so that other people aren’t disturbed during play.
- The automatic puck return system pops the puck back up into the middle of the play field so that both players will have equal chance of taking control and then scoring.
- Some users have reported that this bubble hockey table is a little cost-prohibitive.
Check out this video below to see the Super Chexx in action...
ESPN 1614205 Original Dome Hockey Table
The hand-painted players on this bubble hockey table are fun to control and easy to move, which means that users will quickly learn how to pass the puck to themselves and to score. The table only weighs 152 pounds, which means that a few adults can easily lift and move it to a new location when it is in the way. Finally, the clear dome is shatterproof, ensuring that it won’t accidentally break.
- The LED electronic scoring system makes keeping track of the winner easy and also includes fun sound effects.
- The rods are pre-assembled to ensure that they are put together correctly.
- There are some reports that the puck tends to get stuck in dead zones on the table and that it is impossible to reach it with the players.
- Some users have reported that the players don’t always spin correctly when the rods are turned.
Shelti Blue Line Hockey Slapshot Dome Hockey Table
This bubble hockey table provides 2:1 movement to your players, which means that users only have to turn the rod halfway to move the player all the way around. This is great on the wrists and ensures that players won’t be injured when playing this game. With steel rods in the player feet, it’s easy to see how they won’t be damaged during play and that this game will last for a long time.
- The side-mounted electronic scoring relies on infrared scoring to ensure that it is accurate and reliable.
- Thanks to the nylon bushings in the rods, it is easy to move and control the players without worrying about them wearing out.
- Some users have reported that the mechanical gears used to control the players tend to freeze and won’t easily move.
- There are some reports of the sound effects being low-quality and not adding to the fun or value of the game.
Game Room Guys Dome Bubble Hockey Game
The attractive black cabinet on this bubble hockey table isn’t only made out of high-quality MDF so that it looks great but also so that it won’t show signs of wear and tear or damage. With both manual and electronic scoring, this game is fun and easy for players of all skill levels to use. Because some bubble hockey players will break during rough games, this game ships with extras so that users don’t have to wait to repair the game.
- There aren’t any exposed bolts in this game, ensuring that no users will get injured when playing.
- The laminate on the surface of the playfield is durable and prevents any damage to the graphics, keeping the game looking great for longer.
- This bubble hockey table is heavier than others on the market due to the design of the base and some users have reported that this makes it difficult to move.
Berner Billiards Power Play Dome Hockey Table
This is a great bubble hockey table option for anyone who is worried about how much trouble he or she may have trying to assemble the table on his or her own. Because it doesn’t require assembly, it can be played right away. The one-piece PVC pedestal base is black, attractive, and incredibly durable. Additionally, manual puck drop gives users complete control over the game and allows them to decide when to drop the puck at the start of each round.
- The acrylic dome is not only durable and designed to withstand damage without breaking but is easy to see through.
- The on/off switch makes it easy to control the sound of the game so that others in the area aren’t bothered.
- Some users have reported having to make small adjustments to the rod and to the game after assembly to ensure that it works correctly and runs smoothly.
Hathaway Breakaway Dome Hockey Table
The durable playfield on this bubble hockey table is designed to allow users complete control over the puck without worrying about accidentally scratching or marring the surface. Additionally, the grips on the rods are incredibly comfortable and easy for users to hold, which means that people playing this game won’t experience hand cramps. Thanks to the chrome-plated rods and the nylon bushings, players move effortlessly across the play surface, allowing users complete control all of the time and ensuring that both beginner and more advanced players have a lot of fun with this game.
- The dome is made from a shatter-resistant polycarbonate and lifts open easily, thanks to high-quality hinges, which allows for cleaning and maintenance.
- LED electronic scoring reduces any arguing over what the score is and allows players to focus on the game.
- There are some reports of the plastic players not being very high-quality, which can interrupt gameplay.
Super Chexx Coin-Op Bubble Hockey Table
With fast gameplay that is exciting and realistic, this bubble hockey table is a great addition to any game room. The automatic puck return system and electronics record will put the game into sudden death overtime if the users are tied after regulation. Additionally, there are crowd and announcement sounds that play during the game and really make the users feel as though they are a part of the action. The indestructible dome ensures that the playfield is protected at all times.
- Bright colors on the pedestal and on the playing field make this bubble hockey table really stand out and ensure that it will attract attention.
- It features overhead dome lighting so that users will be able to easily see where the puck is and how to best win the game.
- The higher price on this bubble hockey table can be a deterrent to some users.
We hope we deliver a compelling review of the best bubble air hockey tables out there.
With this information in mind; it is your turn to make a decision. Based on your budget as well as how these tables work, the type of features you need and the most popular models available, you should have no problem picking the right table for you.
As mentioned, we like bubble air hockey because it often takes less space than traditional air hockey tables and if you like foosball, bubble air hockey is a great alternative.
Maybe this should be called foosball hockey? 🙂